Artificial grass is a great way to add a touch of green and color to any home. Not only does it look great, but it can also save you time on maintenance and upkeep. The challenge can be how to incorporate artificial turf in Tampa FL with hardscaping elements such as stone, bricks, and concrete. Here are 8 design tips to combine artificial grass with hardscaping in a visually attractive way.
- Choose Colors Carefully: When selecting artificial grass for your hardscape project, take into account the colors of the existing elements in your landscape design. If you have dark stone or brick walls, opt for lighter shades of artificial grass for homes in Tampa to create a more balanced look. Conversely, if you’re dealing with light-colored walls, choose darker blades of synthetic grass for better contrast.
- Go Big or Go Home: Don’t be afraid to install large swaths of artificial turf when working with hardscapes! It will make the area look bigger and more inviting, while also adding texture and color to break up the monotony of plain concrete or brick walls.
- Add Greenery Around the Edges: Artificial grass looks great when paired up with real plants and flowers around its perimeter. This will add a natural feel to an otherwise “manufactured” space, creating an interesting juxtaposition between man-made and nature materials that can be quite visually appealing! Just make sure not to put too many plants in one spot as this can detract from the overall aesthetic of your design.
- Create Visual Interest With Patterns: Consider using different patterns when laying out artificial turf in Tampa FL in order to create visual interest within your landscaping design. For example, alternate between straight lines and curves or go for asymmetrical shapes like triangles instead of circles! This will help keep things interesting while still maintaining an overall cohesive look.
- Use Pebbles To Separate Areas: Pebbles are a great way to separate two different areas while still keeping them visually connected – they’re also surprisingly versatile when it comes to incorporating both hardscape elements as well as softer ones (like fake turf). Use pebbles down pathways or around garden beds for a neat finish that will tie everything together perfectly!
- Make Sure You Have Proper Drainage: Before installing any kind of synthetic turf or hardscaping feature, make sure that you have proper drainage set up first – this is especially important if you live in a climate that gets heavy rainfalls regularly! Having water pooling up around your landscaping designs will not only ruin their aesthetics but could potentially damage them over time as well – so always plan ahead when it comes to drainage systems before beginning any kind of project like this one!
- Incorporate Lighting Into Your Design: Lights are another great way to enhance the look of your outdoor space – they can be used both functionally (such as providing illumination at night) as well as aesthetically (to create unique shadows and patterns across surfaces). Consider incorporating lights into your landscape design – either along pathways or near other features such as artificial turf – for an added touch of character and beauty!
- Think About How You Want To Entertain: Last but not least – think about how you want people who visit your home to enjoy their time outdoors! Are there certain areas where they might congregate? Consider placing seating options nearby (such as benches or chairs) so that people have somewhere comfortable sitting while enjoying their time outdoors surrounded by beautiful greenery from both real plants, a putting green in Tampa, AND artificial turf!
Incorporating artificial grass with hardscape elements doesn’t have to be difficult — it just takes some planning beforehand and understanding how each element works together in order for you achieve the desired effect.
Whether you’re looking for something subtle yet eye-catching or something bolder than ever before, these 8 tips should help get you started on creating beautiful, lush landscape designs that combine both natural materials & man-made ones. With careful consideration, creativity, & patience, anyone can turn their outdoor living spaces into something truly special!