Artificial grass is a type of turf made from synthetic materials that looks and feels like real grass. It’s often used in areas where natural grass is difficult to grow or maintain, such as high-traffic areas, commercial landscapes, and home lawns.
However, it’s more than a cheap, plastic copy of the real thing. Artificial grass installation near me has come a long way in recent years, and it now looks and feels more realistic than ever before. Here’s a closer look at what artificial grass is and how it can benefit your landscape.
What is Artificial Grass Made From?
Artificial grass is made from synthetic materials, such as polyethylene, nylon, or polypropylene. These materials are combined to create a grass-like surface that is both durable and realistic.
The blades of artificial grass are often made from a type of plastic called polyethylene. This material is very strong and can withstand heavy foot traffic and harsh weather conditions. Nylon is another common material used in artificial grass. It’s not as strong as polyethylene, but it’s more resistant to UV radiation.
Polypropylene is a third type of synthetic material that is sometimes used in artificial grass. It’s similar to polyethylene, but it’s more flexible and has a softer feel.
The backing of artificial grass is made from a variety of materials, including polyurethane, latex, or PVC. This backing helps to support the blades of grass and gives the artificial turf installation near me its shape.
What is infill?
Infill is a type of material that is spread across the surface of artificial grass. It’s often made from sand, rubber, or a combination of both.
The purpose of infill is twofold. First, it helps to support the blades of grass and keep them upright. Second, it provides drainage and prevents the growth of weeds.
Without infill, artificial grass would quickly become matted and unusable. Infill also helps to give artificial turf a more natural look and feel.
What Are the Benefits of Artificial Grass?
There are many benefits to using artificial grass in your landscape. Here are just a few:
- It’s low maintenance. Unlike natural grass, artificial grass in Virginia
does not require mowing, watering, or fertilizing. It also doesn’t attract pests, such as insects and rodents.
- It’s durable. Artificial grass is designed to withstand heavy foot traffic and harsh weather conditions. It won’t fade in the sun or become damaged by excessive heat or cold.
- It’s safe. Artificial turf is made from non-toxic materials and is safe for children and pets.
- It’s eco-friendly. Artificial grass does not require the use of harmful chemicals, such as pesticides and herbicides. It also doesn’t produce carbon emissions or require energy-intensive maintenance, such as mowing.
- It’s versatile. Artificial grass can be used in a variety of landscape applications, such as residential lawns, commercial landscapes, playgrounds, and athletic fields.
Artificial grass is a type of turf made from synthetic materials that looks and feels like real grass. It’s an excellent alternative to natural grass, and it has many benefits, including low maintenance, durability, safety, and eco-friendliness. If you’re looking for a versatile landscape solution, artificial grass installation near me may be the perfect choice for you.