We all love our pets, but sometimes accidents happen. If you have artificial grass in Modesto and your dog urinates on it, there are a few steps that can help make the process of removing the urine much easier.
How to Clean Pet Urine Off Artificial Turf in Modesto
- Pour a bucket of cold water over the pee spot. This will dilute the urine, which will make it easier to remove.
- Apply an enzyme-based cleaner to the area and let it sit for 10 minutes before scrubbing with a brush. You may need to use a stronger cleaning product if the urine spot is really set in. It’s best not to mix cleaners because they might react adversely with one another. Check with the artificial turf manufacturer to make sure that you are using a pet-friendly cleaner.
- After applying a cleaner, scrub the artificial grass with a brush or scrubbing pad to work up any urine that may have soaked in. Rinse off residue and pat dry.
- Towel dry or use a leaf blower to remove excess moisture from the artificial grass surface.
- Seal in freshness by using baking soda on damp spots, then sweep away any residue with a broom.
How to Clean Dog Poop Off Synthetic Grass in Modesto CA
Now that you know how to clean dog urine off synthetic grass, it’s time to learn how to deal with poop!
- Put on a pair of rubber gloves and get started.
- Start by removing the pet waste with a paper towel or disposable plastic baggie to avoid contact with your hands and then spray an artificial turf cleaner onto the area of artificial grass that’s been soiled.
- Spray the artificial turf with water to loosen up the dirt and poop on the artificial grass. Use a hose or garden sprayer set to “jet” setting for pressure washing of artificial turf.
- Scrub away dog poop using an old toothbrush, scrub brush, or heavy-duty scrubbing pad. Clean artificial turf with a scrub brush in circular motions to loosen up and remove pet waste from artificial grass fibers.
- Rinse off as much of the soap residue as possible with water from your garden hose.
- Let dry before walking on it again.
The artificial grass is now clean and ready for its next play session with the dog!
Install Artificial Grass Today!
If you’re looking for a way to keep your yard clean, consider installing artificial grass in Modesto. It’s especially helpful when it comes to pet messes like dog urine because the synthetic blades of grass are easy to wash off with just water and soap! No more scrubbing on concrete or pulling up dead patches of lawn that have been stained by pee! To get started, give your local installers a call today.